Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birthday and a BIG surprise

Lauren turned the big 8 on April 11th. We had a whole birthday weekend that started with cupcakes at school on Friday. She still loves bugs so the decor is fitting. Then on Saturday we went to the mini put-put and the arcade. We stopped at Dairy Queen after for an early dinner and a Blizzard. Yum. Then on Sunday after church we made a cake. Tim decorated the whole thing. Lauren came in at the end and helped put the candy things on. She used the part that said "happy birthday" and wrote "by my dad" on the side of the cake. SO clever, She turned some of the p's upside down and broke a couple of letters to make the M. It was so sweet. Lauren Loved her birthday and we love her. She will be getting baptized in May. I can hardly believe that.







The big surprise is that Tim is surprising me with a vacation for our anniversary (which was last week.) All I know is my mom is flying up to tend the kids and I need to pack a swimsuit. I thought we we going to Vegas but now I think that I have no idea what we are doing or how long we are going for. That is pretty mind boggling for me because I like to be organized and have lists. It's my version of OCD. I am so excited though. Tim and I have not been on a real vacation since our honeymoon, 11 years ago. So, when I get back I can tell ya'll where we went!!

1 comment:

The Campbell Clan said...

Happy Birthday Lauren!
What day are you getting baptized? We wish you a wonderful year being 8!