Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Lauren's Baptism



We just had an Amazing weekend. Lauren turned 8 on April 11th. She was supposed to be baptized on May 1st but we didn't know if our new church building was going to be ready to we waited a month so we could plan on having family be able to come into town. My parents and sister Natalie and her baby Alivia arrived Friday. The baptism was Saturday morning at 10a.m. It was really so amazing. The talks were wonderful. My Mom and Natalie sang "What Heaven sees in you" with the music being recorded by my sweet cousin Adam Eskelson(thank you so much Ad.) The testimonies were so sweet. The whole day was perfect. Everyone was crying. Then afterwards we had root beer floats and cake and fruit. Sounds random, but it was So Dang Yummy. She was also confirmed that day. On Sunday the Bishop spoke about how much he enjoyed the baptism and how strong the spirit was there. I was one proud Mom. I am still on a high from it. The family left today to head home. It was so fun to have visitors for such a special occasion.





3 comments:

Van Tassell said...

Congratulations to all of you. Lauren I am so proud of you!!!

Hilary Jimenez said...

Good pictures of a really important day. It was great to see you at the funeral on Friday. Sorry if I was out of it. I know who you are, and I hope you don't mind me catching up on your blog. Send me an email, and I'll send you an invite to my blog. Thanks, Hilary

Kayleen said...

Congrats to Lauren on getting baptized! BEAUTIFUL photo!! Where was it taken?

Love you and miss you!